> Shel, I have a backup aol account -
> THere isn't a way to send hotlinks from outside.  Another AOL nasty.
> They just don't allow them in.

Not that I'm a big AOL fan, but I don't think thats true.

Funny this should come up today.  I have an AOL account that I use pretty
much just for ISP purposes (that is, I dont use the email account attached
to it).  However, on the rare occasion that I get emails to my school
account (which I check using Telnet) that have links in them, I forward
it to my AOL  account. Once I check it in AOL, I then have clickable
links.  This hasn't happened in a while, but I just used the feature this
morning, before I check the PDML post. Moreover, the piece of mail that I
forwarded was forwarded to me through a number of previous (non-AOL)
recipients.

One caveat to add is that I use AOL 5.0, not 7.0.

I know this doesnt help wrt how its done, but just thought I should add
that it Is indeed doable.
HTH
  jerome