On 6/28/2012 1:15 AM, Larry Colen wrote:
In the past couple of years I've noticed a very annoying trend with
viewing distance.  In too many situations there tends to be a range
that is too far for me to see without my glasses, and too close for
me to see with them.  And yes, I have progressive lenses.

I can relate to that. A week after I turned 40, my optometrist smilingly let me know that I had to start on multi-focal glasses. Wearing a pair right now. It only goes downhill from here...