The lens collects the same amount of light whether you put it in front
of an APS-C of full frame sensor/film.  Nothing has changed about the
lens.

Also, I would avoid focal length equivalencies.  You will only confuse
yourself.  A 40mm lens is 40mm no matter what camera you put it on.

--
David Parsons Photography
http://www.davidparsonsphoto.com

Aloha Photographer Photoblog