From: Ann Sanfedele <ann...@nyc.rr.com>
Sent: July 3, 2012 7/3/12
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List" <pdml@pdml.net>
Subject: Peso - before and after

Well, two pesos - the first on  I posted a few days ago.. but here it is
again for reference:
BEFORE -
http://annsan.smugmug.com/On-the-Road-or-On-Foot/2012-and-all-that/21847075_D88Ngw/1/1921825843_TQCmx6B/Large

go to the next photo with the arrow in my gallery or click on this
hot link :
AFTER
http://annsan.smugmug.com/On-the-Road-or-On-Foot/2012-and-all-that/21847075_D88Ngw/1/1943785942_5XpW8wD/Large

This excavation in response to the sinkhole was attended to remarkably
quickly, actually.  What caused the sink to begin with was a broken
sewage line, I'm told by one of the workmen.  In the process of digging
a gas line was ruptured (glad I didnt know that before!) which has been
repaired and the folks on that side of the street are supposed to have
gas service back tonight.  The sewage conduit is 100 years old and made
of brick, my source said.

Today was the first time I could see the May Day sign in the same light
as the rest of the scene.

Just a wee bit of photo journalism.

There is a local contract dispute going on at Con Ed... The workers were
locked out by management (sunday ?  I think Sunday midnight) and
work is being done by management -  I think the guy I talked to today
was a management guy, given the dispute is not settled yet.

ann