One of the things I've been working on is only taking photos at "the decisive
moment".  One thing that I've noticed is that the better I get at waiting for
the decisive moment, the better everyone else seems to get at stepping in front
of my camera just before the decisive moment.

In a similar vein, yesterday a friend was trying to photograph me dipping a
dance partner at the end of a dance and a pro photographer (press pass) stepped
right between us to show his photo to someone.