Thanks Mark, Frank.
Fireworks is one of those things that we seem to be compelled to photograph,
and I would feel uneasy watching a fireworks display without camera in hand.
But, truth be told, I have gotten quite bored with the same old same old
displays, and I have gotten bored with  photographs of those same old sparkling
lights. I think Dave Parson's image reflects the same feeling. This year I was
looking for something different, and #'s 5 and 6 in the set (I added one more
image) come closest to what I was after. I.e., not a photograph of a fireworks
display, but a representation of chaotic light and darkness. Even the two
starbursts that you like, Frank, I chose because they are distorted and
somewhat enigmatic referents for "star bursts" in general.
BTW, the added image #6 has been cropped and minor clarity-incrase, sharpening,
and noise-reduction operations performed.

stan