On Jul 5, 2012, at 12:03 , Bob W wrote:

>> From: pdml-boun...@pdml.net [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of
>> Joseph McAllister
>>
>> I agree with the balloon example you describe John. But where did all
>> the space on the inside (as populated with matter as the outside
>> surface of the balloon) come from. When I speak or think of a
>> "singularity" in the current model, I am referring to the "Big Bang",
>> before which there was no time, no matter, no space.
>>

> I don't claim to understand this stuff, but I don't think anyone claims
> there was no time, no matter and no space, just that when we get there we
> have plumbed the depths of our ignorance. In other words, we don't know
> anything beyond the big bang, and we're probably in the position of the dog
> that tries to contemplate double-entry bookkeeping - baffled - but it
> doesn't mean double-entry bookkeeping doesn't exist.

Not claims; are their ever any? Theoretical science always calls it a theory.
And yes, I have seen both on the TV (science channel) and read about several
possibilities in this area. The most postulated is that the universe was at the
beginning that oft mentioned singularity. As such, negating the parallel
universe theory, there could not be anything prior to the Big Bang, rapid
inflation, and continuing expansion to the point in time we now occupy. Before
the bang, no time, no matter, no universe. How can there BE time if nothing
existed. I'm not saying a cookoo clock type of time, but "anything" that would
require time, space, or matter. According to theory with a smattering of
scientific derivation and assumption, as my sig theory states, Atoms did not
exist when bang happened, at least for a few trillionths of a second. There was
no light until photons were formed. Don't want to go into mass and matter just
now. With no atoms, no electrons, nothing yet, there was no timeI just don't
see an infinitely dense infinitely small dot which contained nothing actually
having a time frame.

That's if you go along with the Big Bang theory. It does leave a little opening
for believers in a God to fall back on, if you wish to think that singularity
was created by the big guy.

Another, more logical to me theory is that this universe consists of matter
that "squirted" out of a dense black hole in another universe. That can explain
away many tough to grasp parts of the singularity and Big Bang theory.

Then there is the manyverse camp, in which many universes are connected by
black holes and tunnels that string theory talks about, which are used to
balance the various 'verses by transferring matter through to anyverse that is
lacking.

It's always late when I read these responses to my writing of the late night
before. During the day, none of this crap comes to the surface of my
consciousness, and so on and so on.

One more thing. Universal Theories and Bookkeeping? Please do better. Although,
there was Einstein, wasn't there. But that was patents, not bookkeeping that
kept him busy during the daylight hours. If we stick to this kind of discussion
long enough, perhaps PDML will foster some great theories of it's own!

Joseph McAllister
pentax...@mac.com