John, I can't directly answer your questions, but have a couple of comments . .
.

I am not sure if there is any logic or some practical reason(s) for your
ordering of the components. But if it were me, I would put the fixed extension
tubes on the camera, then the bellows, then the hellicoid, then the lens. This
way all of the bits that can be adjusted for length/focus are at the front end.

I can't see why you would reverse a 100mm macro lens. As I understand it, the
lens reversal achieves a closer focus, but with everything else you have going,
why expose the delicate rear end of the lens this way? If you didn't have a
macro, then reversing a normal 50mm lens could make sense, but this seems
unnecessary.

This much extension is going to suck up every photon in the neighborhood; if
the object you are imaging is too close to the surface of the lens element,
that certainly complicates using flash to try to bring your exposure time
within reason.

Mark C. provided extensive discussions of his development of a workable system
to capture his very fine snowflake images - you might want to check back in the
archives, that could be helpful.

As to whether more extension is ridiculous or just silly, my answer is that
size per se doesn't matter. It is all in how you are going to use it and the
results you are trying to achieve. If you keep going, at some point you will
need extensive scaffolding to hold the system, several solar reflectors to add
enough light to the system, and it will be difficult to move the system. Maybe
a backpackable electron microscope would be more practical? But again, it
depends on what itty bitty object you are trying to capture.

stan