I shot an insane number of photos this week, about 7,000. This is in addition
to the ones from the wedding last week, and the 5 day aikido seminar next week.

My standard workflow is to make a quick pass through the photos, rating them
bad, meh, or possibly good.  I spend a huge portion of the time waiting for
them to load.  3-10 seconds to load, maybe more, and about a second for the
snap judgement of the first pass of rating.

Is there anything I can do to speed up the rating process?  The catalog is
already on the internal drive.