on 2012-07-11 11:17 Collin Brendemuehl wrote
Except I'm going to make something for commercial use.
And being a s/w developer I know how to re-write without copying
and so avoid the open source restrictions.

you may not need to rewrite, it's GNU LGPL

"These are, essentially, programs that have been written to take advantage of the LGPL-licensed library but contain little or no actual code from the library in their uncompiled form. Such works may be distributed with the LGPL-licensed library and need not themselves be distributed under the LGPL."

<http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk/resources/lgpl.xml>