Hi,

here is a reply I sent recently to someone who asked a similar
question; in addition to the things mentioned, it also does ttl.

I had an AF140C for a while a couple of years ago which I used with an
A 100/2.8 macro I had.

In contrast (!) with the AF080C and presumably many other ringflashes, it
has 2 semicircular flash tubes which you can switch on & off independently.
This means you're not limited to full-on shadowless flash. It also has
modelling lamps so you can preview the effect of the shadows. It's a
very fine piece of equipment and gives a nice light - not as clinical
as you might think. Ring flashes have many applications outside
medical and nature macro photography. For instance, they are commonly
used in portraiture and fashion by some excellent photographers. The
AF140C is a good deal more expensive than the AF080C, but probably as good
a ringflash as you'll get apart from the giant ones that fashion
normally photogaphers use.

---

 Bob

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]