I should and probably will make a blog entry on the matter.

Hi there!

Two days ago new toys arrived. First and foremost, Ricoh GXR with A12 50mm macro module. This is outright amazing little camera with infinite customization and excellent ergonomics. I'd say AF is on par with K10D which is good enough for most practical purposes while the shutter sound is close to none - far quieter than any of my Pentaxes.

They have great deal of neat and useful features:
1. Snap focus - you click a button (can be programmed to do so on quick and full pressing of the focus button) - the camera would focus to the pre-defined distance and then you can take a shot.

2. Two-speed manual focus by wire - this is awesome.

3. Focus assist by focus peaking - served to you in two varieties - highly useful. And it works in AF mode too.

4. Ability to save your camera settings to the card for later retrieval. As a person who few times confused "Reset" with "Format" of my Pentax camera only to curse immediately as all settings had to be re-done, this is most useful.

Great little camera this Ricoh is. Great indeed. And in terms of corporate, I am staying on board, obviously :-).

Also I got myself a LR 4.1. I notice no performance degradation compared to LR 3.6. And I am about to get started on the Book module, should be fun.

So, life is pretty good in terms of photo gear.

Boris