On Thu, 14 Mar 2002, J. C. O'Connell wrote:
> Ah, but the "special purpose" cant be obtained with any
> less expensive lenses. I have the 15mm 3.5 SMCT and the
> contrast, sharpness, freedom from flare and distortion
> is incredible for such a wide lens. I think it's well worth
> the $750-900! Another reason I'm not giving up on 35mm
> just because I bought into the P67 system...

Pentax really needs a lens like the 15/3.5 for the 6x7.  It'd be a
rectilinear 30/f4 or similar.

This is also why we need a device for mounting K-mount lenses on a 6x7.
Yeah, I know you won't get the full image circle, but, with an optical
element to ensure infinity focus is transferred, you'd get at the very
least a 36x36 image, and probably more.  Anyone done any experiments with
the *actual* image circles of some lenses?

dave
--
dave o'brien - http://www.diaspoir.net
Love is a grave mental disease.