On Thursday, March 14, 2002, at 10:14  AM, Bill D. Casselberry wrote:

>       Geez Aaron, why couldn't I be so concise & to the point??

I got my first lab job at age 14, and have been explaining this stuff
ever since, frequently to people who have no understanding of
photography at all (though not much anymore in my own place, since we
don't offer your typical one-hour-develop&print).  The simplest
explanation is almost always the best one.  ;)

Part of what I love about PDML (and my lab) is that I can say 'f-stop'
without getting a blank stare.

-Aaron