Thanks to Dave, Larry, and others who encouraged me to go ahead with the
purchase of a K-5. The camera arrived Wednesday afternoon. Plus grip, GPS
thingie, and some spare batteries. I haven't had much chance to play with it
but I have gone through the manual, charged the batteries, and have it packed
away. I'll work my way through the menus while on the plane. I leave tomorrow
a.m. bright and early to drive to Detroit to catch my flight for Costa Rica.
I'll report back in a couple of weeks.  Oh, and I know that "they" say not to
take a new camera on a trip. They also say not to take a new pair of shoes that
hasn't been broken in. I am living on the edge here!

stan