He leaves out an important point. Marketing. Part of the reason Canon maintains it's market share is that it's available everywhere. I can go into a Big Box Store, (Walmart, Sears, Target), an Electronics Store, (Best Buy, PC-Richards, etc.), a buyers club, (Sams, B.J.'s, Costco). or the only traditional camera store (Milford Camera, and it's still a hike of 30 miles to be local), in my area, and actually handle a Canon. For that matter I can handle an Olympus or a Nikon. In most cases we're talking their bottom feeders for their EVIL or SLR lines, but heck I can try them out and purchase them sometimes for less than I can get the same model on line. My choice for Pentax is I get to buy them on line. That's a failure of marketing. Especially, Iif I can believe them), since the Camera store tells me they;d love to carry Pentax except the rep. won't return their calls!