From: Walt Gilbert <ldott...@gmail.com>
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2012 10:00 AM
Subject: Re: GESO (24) - A Wet Day in York with Bob

Fascinating set, Rick!

I particularly liked "Minster Screen" and "Choir Eternal" and just loved the
photos from the Blue Bell. That looks like a wonderful little place to sit and
have a drink or five.

I truly hope to see ol' Blighty with my own two eyes (and through the
viewfinder with the left one) before I join that choir eternal. Every time I
see photos of her, I'm just captivated by the sense of history. It's such a
stark contrast to the concrete, steel and postage stamp lawns here in the US.

-- Walt

On 8/16/2012 8:01 AM, Rick Womer wrote:
> Waaaay back in June, Bob Walkden met us in York for a day of strolling about
> the town.  Selected shots are here:
>
> http://photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=1037858
>
> We walked a stretch of the town wall, poked around the streets, had a very
> good lunch at Cafe Rouge (interrupted by a Summer Solstice parade in the
> street below), took in the Minster, got wet walking more in the rain, and
> dried out in the smallest pub I've ever seen.  It was fun.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Rick

-- PDML Pentax-Discuss Mail List