Quite an impressive collection - love the big horns and the dragonfly, the badlands are spectacular as well....

Mark

On 8/16/2012 9:16 PM, Matthew Hunt wrote:
My wife and I recently drove from Pennsylvania to South Dakota, for a
camping vacation in the Fort Pierre National Grassland, Badlands
National Park, and Custer State Park in the Black Hills. A gallery of
photographs is now available:

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjBhErAh

For those who find the gallery too large, here are selected highlights:

LANDSCAPE:

Badlands rock formations:
http://flic.kr/p/cPUYoy

Homage to St. Ansel:
http://flic.kr/p/cPUY55

Campsite rainbow:
http://flic.kr/p/cPmjHs

Storm chasing:
http://flic.kr/p/cQoE4S
The storm then chased us back to our campsite, forcing us to tear down
our tent and cower in the entrance of the toilet building while being
pelted by marble-sized hail.

CRITTERS:

Bighorn ram, portrait:
http://flic.kr/p/cPUXmm

...and practicing for his role in the diorama at the natural history museum:
http://flic.kr/p/cPUXJy

Bison:
http://flic.kr/p/cQozBQ

Pronghorn doe and fawn:
http://flic.kr/p/cQoz3s

MAN-MADE STUFF:

Silos (Wall, SD):
http://flic.kr/p/cSvTQL

Carhenge (Alliance, NE):
http://flic.kr/p/cT779L

I hope you enjoy, and welcome your feedback.