<And I really don't want to miss out on a great shot because I just didn't have the lens readily
available.

I spent a week in the Badlands photographing and except for some prarie dogs, there wasn't any fast moving targets that required having lenses pre mounted. I mostly shot a 28-80 3.5-4.5 F & a 70-210 4 - 5.6 F.

Kenneth Waller

----- Original Message ----- From: "Walt Gilbert" <ldott...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Semi-OT: Put yourself in my shoes for a moment . . .

Well, I was thinking there may be third-party lenses that might make the cut, so I thought that might make it semi-OT. But, since they'd be K-mounts, I guess I was just being a little extra cautious.

I wanted to carry three bodies just to make sure I have a fairly long zoom for wildlife, one of my 50's for great sharpness and bokeh, and a wider-angle for the landscapes -- all on a body for ready access. I don't mind carrying the extra weight much. And I really don't want to miss out on a great shot because I just didn't have the lens readily available.

Besides, I'm a bit smitten at the images that K100D Super puts out; there's just something about the sensor on that thing that I just love.

I do have the DA 18-55 and thought about using it. I just wondered if there might be a nice, affordable short prime that would out-perform it. If there isn't really one that justifies the outlay, then that's probably the route I'll take.

Thanks, Bruce!

-- Walt