I haven't done the math, but I'm guessing around 4x. That makes the
"kit lens" a 16-400mm in 35mm FOV equivalency.

Think iPhone quality sensor only LARGER instead of "so much smaller
than APS-C". Even Pentax Full Frame buyers are going to own an X-5. It
is like the Ultimate 4x Teleconverter for all their existing Good
Glass. (Has to be Good Glass because smaller sensor pixel pitch makes
them more susceptible to CA). They are going to sell a million DFA
100mm Macros and Limited to go on this lens, once people understand.

This is absolutely BRILLIANT and suddenly makes all the R&D that
Pentax did on the slow-selling Q look like sheer genius. They now
"own" three sweet spots with the best camera (and glass): APS-C with
the K-5, 1/2.8" with the X-5, and 1/2.3" with the Q.