On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 1:25 PM, Darren Addy <pixelsmi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...Godfrey, I was trying a little bit of everything in Snapseed with on
> "Alongside the Tracks". Obviously, there is the frame effect (which I
> think can be overdone but I think suits some images well). There is
> also a texture, dialed down somewhat from the default. I believe I
> also played with some film effects to give me a color shift that I
> thought went well with the subject matter. And then I used two control
> points to do some selective brightening (most obviously the tracks in
> the bottom center) and hopefully more subtly the big shadow on the 2nd
> bin from the left.
>
> I would never have thought that the iPad interface could be so
> utilized for photo editing. Snapseed is perhaps the biggest software
> bargain in the world, at $4.99 for the iPad/iPhone (Android version
> "coming soon")
> http://www.snapseed.com/home/mobile/features/

Snapseed is excellent, but there are some things it doesn't do very
well. I find its frames a bit heavy handed. The OSX version isn't as
nice to use as the iPad version.

You should also look at Photogene ... some editing tools are better,
and it's more useful for sizing output.

Despite the heavy processing you employed, the photo looks great. ;-)

--
Godfrey
  godfreydigiorgi.posterous.com