IIRC, the stories I saw back in 2006 or so said he was using the lens to photograph birds out in the desert.

From: "J.C. O'Connell"

You mean a lion, right?

-----------------
J.C.O'Connell
hifis...@gate.net
-----------------

-----Original Message-----
From: pdml-boun...@pdml.net [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of
Steven Desjardins
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2012 9:25 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: Big $$$$$ Glass

I like the special 4WD Mercedes that was modified to hold the lens. I bet he
uses it to get a nice cat picture from far, far away.

On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 5:38 PM, Walt Gilbert <ldott...@gmail.com> wrote:
On 8/29/2012 3:04 PM, Darren Addy wrote:

I'd just like to point out that on a Pentax Q that lens would be an
effective 8960mm f5.6.
: )
Unfortunately, the SR scale doesn't go that high when it asks for your
focal length.

That'll be in the first firmware update.