Rick. Nice expanse of countryside. "All Creatures Great & Small" territory.

I use Aperture to develop my raw PEFs and there is an option to set white balance for skin color so clicking on neutral skin usually gives a good start. I realize there isn't much skin in this photo but when I am out and about I take a picture of my hand to give me a PP target. This doesn't explain the number of times I photograph my hands & feet accidentally.

pdml-requ...@pdml.net wrote:
Message: 6
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 18:33:31 -0700 (PDT)
From: Rick Womer<rwomer1...@yahoo.com>
To: Pentax List<pdml@pdml.net>
Subject: PESO - Yorkshire Dales overlook

Another from the Yorkshire Dales in June:

http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=16351674&size=lg

(K-5, DA 24-90)

White balance is a surprising problem with these daytime Dales photos.? I shot
them in RAW, but no matter how I fiddle the WB ain't right.? If I had it to do
again, I would have shot the grey card in my bag early and often.

Comments appreciated.

Rick