on 2012-08-30 22:06 J.C. O'Connell wrote
I have owned about 7 cars in my life, all american
and all held up pretty well. No imports for me.

i've managed to steer clear of anything domestic, or on that list; got my driver's license at 30, at which time i already owned a 1970 saab 95 wagon; since then i've had a 1982 honda accord hatch, 1987 saab 900s, and 1992 saab 900t

since June i haven't owned a car and it's alright; i may buy another pre-GM Saab someday, i had my last one for 15 years and just don't need or want anything else; my partner has had a succession of ancient Toyota Corollas, and is now on her second Audi A4 Avant 1.8T, which is pretty sweet but steers like a racing bike and costs twice as much to maintain as my Saabs did