Sat Sep 8 03:29:43 EDT 2012
Bob W wrote:

> > From: pdml-bounces at pdml.net [mailto:pdml-bounces at pdml.net] On
> > Behalf Of
> > Mark Roberts
> >
> > They're installing a security patch on a cloud instance? That sounds
> > like a crime against nature or something...
> >

> It's probably a cloud in trousers.

Bob,
At first, I was puzzled by this reference.
Russian poet from early 1900s, Vladimir Mayakovsky had a poem with the
title "Clouid in trousers". It was very famous in Russia (it was studied
in the middle-school literature classes).
However, I didn't expect it to be known in the US.

Then, I found that that poem had been translated into English:
http://www.unlikelystories.org/old/archives/cloudintrousers.html
After just a bit more of searching, I found that there was a play
written by American writer Steve Trafford about V. Mayakovsky:
http://www.amazon.com/Cloud-Trousers-Oberon-Modern-Plays/dp/1840025069/

Then, I found that there are a few other things have the same title,
e.g. this musical album:
http://www.amazon.com/Cloud-Trousers-The-Thin-Man/dp/B00005LB8T/

But, I suspect that you reference might  have been related to a
photography book by Christopher Doyle:
http://www.amazon.com/Cloud-Trousers-Christopher-Doyle/dp/1889195332/

Is this right?

Igor