When the K-7 was announced the K20D dropped to ~$600 within 6 weeks and stayed there pretty much until the reputable retailers were sold out. I don't remember exactly what happened with the K-7 but Pentax tried to stop it from taking a precipitous nose dive by keeping it in the line, but deep discounting seemed to be the rule. I just didn't see any particular reason to upgrade from the K20D to the K-7