Dave
I dont remember if that is the tkina 80-200/2.8 I have.  Mine is manusl focus
and ehen I nail focus it is pretty sharp.
My shots from last night were shot with it. Some eith a tsmron 2x.
I dont have thr exact url but its the most recent set, of Kim Nalley at
Http://flickr.com/ellarsee
Look at the set with fluidr to get the exif data.