I agree with Frank. You've captured a peak moment and composed it
well. The tight crop is what really makes the shot by excluding
anything that would have been a distraction to the moment of a
musician deeply involved in producing his note. A fortuitous bonus is
the repeating colors of bluish-grey, seen in the curve of the hat and
the curve of the trombone and then also repeated in his sideburns and
Van Dyke.

This is perhaps the most impressive I have seen from you, Larry
(although I have to admit that I don't get to check out everything).
While the color thing is really working for it, I would be curious to
ALSO see what sort of quality this image might produce in Black and
White, if it were mine.