So, I took what I had left of the money I'd saved up for my postponed trip to the Black Hills and plunked it down on this:

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/monitors/ST242xL/en/ug/about.htm

I got it for $159.00 at Best Buy on an "Open Box Deal" I spotted on their web site. I figure I couldn't have done much better for the money, and I really needed a better display than the one on the laptop.

Now, if the weather will clear up, I'll get out and take some photos to put this new rig to use.

-- Walt