On 9/17/12 4:20 PM, Darren Addy wrote:
Saw stats today that Google+ has passed 400 million registered users
(but only 1 in 4 is considered an "active" user). I wouldn't consider
myself in that active class, but I am registered. From what I
understand, from a photographer's standpoint, Google+ is considered a
far superior product, but way behind in the number of users when
compared to Facebook/Instagram.

Why Google+ is Better Than Facebook for Photographers
http://thomashawk.com/2011/08/why-google-is-better-than-facebook-for-photographers.html

New Google+ Is Simply More Gorgeous Than Facebook
http://www.forbes.com/sites/limyunghui/2012/04/11/new-google-is-simply-more-gorgeous-than-facebook/

Why Facebook is Losing Photographers to Google+
http://davidsanty.com/facebook-losing-photographers-google-plus/

However....
Facebook vs. Google+ Licensing Rights: Who is More Photographer Friendly?
http://photography.about.com/od/copyrightinformation/a/facebookvsgoogleplusphotolicensing.htm
Not sure how old the above info is.

I am biased, from finding a much more customizable experience on G+ vs. FB. On G+ I'm an active member of the photography community, and on FB I'm a Facebook user.

On G+, the head of the photo community, a Google employee, follows and sometimes responds to my posted work. On FB, um, I couldn't tell you who works there other than the Zuck, and he doesn't care one little bit. I know that I can go directly to Brian Rose with a problem, and it gets consideration.

On FB, if I want to keep the peace, I have to subject myself to whatever moronic zealotry passes for discourse. On G+, if you're a racist/imbecilic/parroting jerk, you get nuked from my circles. It's quite therapeutic.

On the rights front, any issues regarding use and/or acknowledgement, if raised, are treated seriously, often in public, whereas FB just shrugs it off, far as I can tell.

And if we're talking numbers, here are mine, right now: FB: 398; G+: 6784