I think that the vast majority of problems that I have with my flash have to do
with the physical connection between the camera and the flash.

If the camera bodies and flashes were both equipped with wifi it would open a
tremendous number of opportunities.  Of course, the right way to do this would
be a communications standard so that things would work across brands.

This would also have an advantage of wifi tethering and control of both bodies
and flashes.  Being able to control everything from one laptop.

I'd also love to be able to use the same battery in my flash as my K-5.  I'd do
it as "standard" battery format, bigger than any of the ones in the cameras,
that would fit in all grips and flashes.  It would also be possible to make an
adapter so you could use the K-5 battery, or the K20, K-foo, or whatever new
battery was developed.  Of course an extended life battery that just fit in
grips and flashes would also be nice.

Unfortunately, Pentax hasn't hired me to design and develop new products and
features, so I don't see these things coming in the near future.