Very annoying - wish I hadn't looked

ann

On 9/18/2012 19:53, knarftheria...@gmail.com wrote:
They desecrated some iconic photos...

I think something similar was shown here some time ago. In fact some of these look familiar.
Wasn't an "artist" colourizing well-known b&w photos and trying to pass it off
as her own art?

Anyway, I think it's wrong to do this and your description, Mark, is
appropriate.

Pat Metheny's thoughts on Kenny G's debacle were pointed out to me several
years ago. Love 'em!

cheers,
frank

"What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof." --
Christopher Hitchens

--- Original Message ---

From: Mark Roberts <postmas...@robertstech.com>
Sent: September 18, 2012 9/18/12
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List" <pdml@pdml.net>
Subject: Re: OT: Colorized versions of old black and white images

Daniel J. Matyola wrote:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/27-photos-that-have-been-recolored-and-brought-bac
If nothing else, these exercises highlight some of the strengths and
weaknesses of each format.

It's the photographic equivalent of Kenny G!

(Kenny G is a rather lame pop-jazz sax player who infamously released
a version of Louis Armstrong's "What a Wonderful World" with his own
sax solos overdubbed. http://www.jazzoasis.com/methenyonkennyg.htm)