From: Walt <ldott...@gmail.com>
Sent: September 18, 2012 9/18/12
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List" <pdml@pdml.net>
Subject: Re: OT: Humor For our Canadian Friends

I went to college at Southern Illinois University at Carbondale, which
is only about 90 miles north of where I live, but populated with people
mostly from Chicagoland and central Illinois. I didn't come back home to
visit for several months at first, and when I did, I was astonished at
how much my ear had grown attuned to the flat, Midwestern accent. There
were even a couple of times when I couldn't make out what one of my
friends' girlfriends was saying.

My part of Kentucky has a very heavy Irish influence -- Buchanans ,
Dunns & Sullivans abound, and it's very apparent when you're not used to
hearing it. I really was taken aback at first.

-- Walt