I had never played around with the Pentax Q "Digital Filters" (in
camera) before... not as you take the photo, but in processing in the
camera after taking the original photos. I started with a Bracketed
Exposure set of three images (normal, over, under) and then played
around with the digital filters and their parameters. If I saw
something that looked decent, I would Save As...

You can also use two or more digital filters in combination on your
image. Since I shoot RAW+, the original RAW files are still on the
card, untouched for me to play with in post-processing "for real" with
Snapseed or Lightroom or Photoshop. Not all images will be everyone's
cup 'o tea (they aren't all MY cup 'o tea, either!)

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8446/8002065034_11db51224d_z.jpg

I put all 22 images (including the original 3) in a Flickr set for
those interested:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pixelsmithy/sets/72157631571806897/with/8002065034/