Unfortunately, I was in the same bind but was finally pushed over the
edge to the Canon D30 camp after having done several income-generating
jobs using a borrowed D30. Since mid last year, working with an auto
journalist friend of mine, I was published in Car & Driver twice (Tokyo
Motor Show and Tokyo Auto Salon) along with a local auto rag covering a
few races. I also managed to land a few shots in the upcoming 2003 C&D
desktop calendar which should cover the cost of a recently purchased,
used D30 that I can call my own.

I'm holding off buying any new "L" glass as long as possible, borrowing
from my brother when needed in hopes that Pentax may release their own
digital SLR at a price point/feature set at least equal the new D60.
Otherwise, the D30 fits my needs just right and hopefully I can continue
to generate additional side income from a hobby.

Cheers.

Jeff

http://www.apexjapan.com