Scratch that..
Yes, if properly created, profiles can contain information for
different focal lengths, as well as different apertures.

I now recalled the problem I had: profile for Pentax 17-70 is not available.
Profile for Pentax 18-250mm is not available either, but I think one
might be able to adopt 18-250mm F/3.5-6.3 DiII profile somehow....
(Didn't get to figure it out.)

Igor