From: pdml-boun...@pdml.net [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of John
Coyle
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2012 2:39 PM
To: 'Pentax-Discuss Mail List'
Subject: RE: So, I have this Spotmatic...

Tan - Joseph McAllister has covered just about every point, but there is one
more thing.
All my Spotmatics don't have the magic needle film loading mechanism, each
has the slotted take-up spool.  Just push the tongue of the film down into
any one of the slots,  until the end pokes through the other side.  Ensure
the film is flat down on the sprocket roller
(to the left of the take up spool).   I tend to turn the take up spool by
hand (remember
it turns clock-wise - i.e. backwards!) to make sure it is tight.  Close the
back and wind on until you get frame 1 showing in the frame counter window
If the film isn't being taken up the release lever button on the left top
will not revolve.

I do have a dummy film cartridge with a roll of blank film (processed) you
can use to practice with if you like.

HTH

John Coyle
Brisbane, Australia