Quoting Collin Brendemuehl <coll...@brendemuehl.net>:

http://evangelicalperspective.blogspot.com/2012/10/macro-lens-comparision-ta
mron-9025-v.html

I have the 49 mm version of the Tamron - had it for decades and it's great with one exception, as mentioned in this thread of a few months ago:

http://pdml.net/pipermail/pdml_pdml.net/2012-March/308059.html

As Darren pointed out, the 'centre spot' problem is a known issue, which (thankfully) only manifests itself under certain lighting conditions. I had been using the lens for over 20 years without ever noticing the problem previously (or since).

I've just found the AF version of the lens at a good price which should arrive in a day or two. Unlike the manual focus version, the AF version goes to 1:1. I'm looking forward to trying it out.

--
Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters