on 2012-10-08 8:10 Krisjanis Linkevics wrote
* customizable language (if it doesn't have Latvian I should be able to create
a language file);
* automatic downloading of pictures/movies (deleting everything from the
camera);
* soft-delete function so I can later go through the ones they think are bad
and maybe do some corrections;
* assigning keywords or even key-pictures;
* easy to use controls for cropping and other adjustments, keeping the original
intact;
* uploading back to camera (software should know which pictures it has already
downloaded so we don't run into duplicates);
* maybe face recognition and automated keywording according to that ( must
recognize cats :) ).

i think iPhoto meets all your requirements except for loading back to camera; i don't use iPhoto much myself, but i do think it scales nicely from simple to more advanced as you use it; it is not utterly foolproof, however, and it is known to teach people how to curse the computer ;?>

according to this page, though the page itself is only partly in Latvian, iPhoto includes Latvian language support:

<http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1598?viewlocale=lv_LV&locale=lv_LV>