On Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 01:55:09PM -0400, John Mullan wrote:
> With todays interest rates it is probably LESS than a penny, unless
> you have some ridiculously large amount of money in the CD.
>
> jm

It depends on your definition of "a ridiculously large amount of money".

If one day's interest is going to get you less than a penny, then over
the whole (six month) term of the CD you're going to gain less than $2.
That's pretty close to the typical minimum investment of $500 at 0.75%.

Personally I wouldn't bother with the paperwork for only a $2 return.