On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 4:38 AM, David Mann <dmann...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 19, 2012, at 8:33 PM, Larry Colen <l...@red4est.com> wrote:
>
>> A friend posted my photos of the SFLX, and I noticed that the photo albums
>> were generated with a perl script.  I figured that it might be useful to a
>> few other on the PDML:
>>
>> http://marginalhacks.com/Hacks/album/
>>
>> This is what the output looks like:
>> http://sflindyexchange.com/2012/Photos/
>
> Good ol' Perl, the write-only language.
>
> FWIW my next project will probably be a new web photo gallery system.
> My old one is unworkable now and it's going to be quicker to write my own
> than to look through the plethora of gallery systems already out there while
> finding reasons to hate them all.

The state of web photo galleries is no better now than 10 years ago
when I wrote one (in PHP) for my bro-in-law for his photojournalist
and stock portfolio. (Were I to do it again I'd write it in Python.)

For ad-hoc or light duty use I'm actually pretty happy with what
Lightroom spits out. Dump it into DropBox and instant gallery--for
free. Not bad.

--
-bmw