Hi Bruce,

Some carmakers went to pure digital design, engineering build and prototyping a
decade ago. Some, like Ford, eventually came to realize that something was
missing she machines took charge.. Lincoln's  clay models are roughed out by
CNC machines but they're finished and tweaked by hand. If you'd like to know
more, my story  for The Times about Lincoln's new design center and its
philosophy is here:
http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/10/19/for-lincoln-designers-a-clubhouse-to-call-their-own/?ref=automobiles

Paul