There is a very beautiful poem and a song by Russian author Alexander
Derevyagin called "A boy bathes the Sun".

The quoted part from Brian's message (Rain -> Precipitation) reminded me
of that poem.  I thought some people here might appreciate it..
Here is the relevant excerpt:
(my apologies to everybody for the primitive translation)

A boy bathes the Sun..
The sparkling-clean Sun turns into a butterfly and flies to the sky, to shine.
The kid covers up his eyes with his palms and squints,
and the clouds float and don't fall.
What's falling is the snow.

They say that snow comes from clouds - that doesn't matter. What
matters is that the clouds float and don't fall. Snow is a
miracle if you don't need to explain where it comes from.

<...>

... And some study love.  Love is the snow that comes from nobody
knows where... and if you know, - it is not love but precipitation.

... Snowflake, - you can hold it on the palm and look at it, while
precipitation is for agriculture.
... They must be studying love for agriculture?..

Cheers,

Igor

PS. For Russian-speaking PDMLers, here is the original:
http://www.bards.ru/archives/part.php?id=18174

Thu Oct 25 18:53:58 EDT 2012