On Sat, 27 Oct 2012 21:17:29 -0400 Steven Desjardins wrote:

>The 15-45 2.8 for $300 is REALLY tempting.  I'd like to read some
>reviews first, however.

I will get that one for sure, I have the 01 standard (43mm eq) and the fisheye,
so I am really
lacking some longer autofocus lens.The specs look really good with a constant
2.8 and
around 80-250mm range making it a nice 2-lens combo with the standard lens.
(Lowest price in Europe I have seen is 259 Euros, but not in stock yet)

Of course the new firmware makes using all the other K-mount glass a lot more
practical as well. I played around a bit with the DA 35mm macro and it is
really
usable now (used to be OK, but a bit hard to focus and keep still).

With working SR on that now, I can use it handheld most of the time.
The 180mm equivalent is quite nice for flower/insect macro work.

Regards, JvW