From: PDML [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of Alexandru-Cristian
Sarbu
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2012 11:06 AM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: K-5IIs review and comparison to K-5

On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 3:50 PM, SV Hovland <pdml...@heime.org> wrote:
> There are already reports from K-30 users that this model is better than
K-5. And K-5 II is using a similar AF system as K-30 so I expect it to be
more of an upgrade than Adam at Pentaxforums seems to know.

> My K-5 is in for a repair (lens release button fell of) so K-5 IIs is more
than tempting.

> Stig Vidar Hovland

The K-5 II uses a new AF system, the SAFOX X - with redesigned optics,
works from EV -3 and the center point has additional accuracy with
f/2.8 (or faster) lenses.
The K-30's SAFOX IXi+ is the K-5's SAFOX IX+ with optics redesigned to
counter chromatic aberrations (probably to solve the tungsten light
issues).

--
Best regards,
Alex Sarbu