http://www.thrane.name/Pictures/PAW/files/page7-1000-full.html
Pentax K-5, A50mm 1:1.2, 1/80, f/1.2.

I bought a new focus screen from http://www.focusingscreen.com because the
original was not sufficiently exact for manual focus with large aperture
lenses. Using old gems like the A50mm 1:1.2 and A*85mm 1:1.4 was not very easy
so I had to rely on focus confirmation from the camera. My old habit of
focusing directly on the screen was hopeless. In addition you did not really
get an impression of the background with the original screen.

This picture was made using the S-type with AF frame, just focusing on the
eyes. It really works a lot better. On the other hand the viewfinder becomes
very dark using f/3.2 and f/4.0 lenses.

DagT
http://www.thrane.name/