G'day all

I knew these things existed - there's a photo of a similar one on Boz's site - but I'd never seen one "in the flesh" until the last camera market in Sydney.

So I just had to have it :-)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1370864/PESO/slides/_IGP1108-peso.html

It's of absolutely no practical use but it's interesting, just the same. It's based on the ME but has no focusing screen and a has spot meter built into the top of the pentaprism. The apparently missing right had strap connector isn't. That's the way it came from the factory.

This one is the original half-frame version - the one on Boz's site is the later full frame version (MF-1). There was also a similar one based on the MX (see Dario's Asahi Optical Historical Club).

A couple of questions..

Was this the only half frame camera Pentax produced?

Does anyone know exactly how it was used? All that crops up in internet searches is that it was used "for medical purposes" - some say optometry; some say endoscopy.

--
Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters