On 11/6/12 16:24, Daniele Procida wrote:
It's fine at other speeds, but at slow speeds, it doesn't come back down again
after the shot.

To get it to come down I have to advance the film, and take a shot at a fast
speed.

It's not sticking up. I can pull it down with a fingernail, but as soon as I
let go it springs up again.
Can you get it back down by pulling/sliding the lever to the left of the mirror, looking from the front of the camera? The stop-down mechanism, that is?
I'm quite happy to take it to bits to find the fault, but it would be most
handy to have some advice on where to start looking.
Like others said, it may well be that you need a proper service. However, the above mentioned trick help, the problem is may be related to the "hidden" mirror lock-up feature, and the following info is probably helpful: http://www.geocities.ws/spirope/mxmlu.html

As in, I *think* it should be possible to resolve your problem by adjusting the lever as explained on that page. The problem is, it may be pretty darn hard to get it right. That's why you may need a good mechanic...

- Toralf
Thanks,

Daniele