There is no way to display the ALT TEXT for the image header because there is no image header in the email I receive from NIK. The email I receive from NIK is different from what you receive from NIK - there are no embedded images.

They *SEND* me plain text emails.

From: Darren Addy
John,
I was unable to reply to your posts over the weekend, but I find your
description of your problem in seeing it confusing. First you say that
you get your email in plain text and then you say that you had to view
the "web page source code" to see it. In any event, if it is in the
HTML then it would be visible on the web page (as displayed in an HTML
email or with a web browser).

What you might want to do is take that email and do a "Save As..." and
name it nik.html and put it on your desktop. Open that nik.html file
in Notepad or Wordpad or some other text editor and find the IMG SRC
tag that contains the ALT text that you found already. Change the name
of the image file in that IMG SRC tag to something else... doesn't
matter what we just want to make sure that it doesn't display the
image. Then, from your web browser, Open... the nik.html file you just
saved. You should now see that ALT text where the banner image was
(that says "You qualify for a free copy of HDR Efex Pro 2"

If you have some way of taking a screen shot of that, you can then
attach it to the email that you send to Nik Support. I've done it
twice, so far and they have given me a copy for both Photoshop AND
Lightroom. If you don't have some screenshot software already
installed, I recommend Jing: http://www.techsmith.com/download/jing/
It not only captures images, but gives you an online account to
store/share them and gives you annotation tools for marking up your
image (drawing arrows, etc.) It's handy!\

Hope that helps.