From: "Daniel J. Matyola"
Great Video!
Can't anyone down there read?
Dan Matyola

On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 3:53 AM, Bob W <p...@web-options.com> wrote:
I blame the truck makers

Everybody in Durham knows about that bridge. It's been going on since I was a little kid.

About once a week a truck driver from out of town will head down that street. I don't think reading is the problem; it's not remembering that your truck is 12' that get's 'em every time.

Or not paying attention ... because it does occasionally still catch a local driver.

They used to have a pipe hanging on chains across the street for the trucks to hit before they got to the bridge. But replacing it every week got too expensive. Trucks kept ripping it down and smashing it against the bridge.

They replaced it with those flashing lights which are high enough the trucks don't normally hit them before they hit the bridge.